Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh my aching....

...today I guess it's my knees. Other days it's my back or my feet or my hips. Ugh, getting old is hell. The other day my daughter asked me this question: "Why, when grown-ups get down to play on the ground, do their knees go creeeeaaaak?".



I used to think I was smart for waiting to have kids until I was past 30...now, I think my mother might have had the right idea in having all of her kids before she turned 26. Because I sure do feel old and I know I don't bounce back the way I used to when I was in my 20s.



But, seeing that my 401(k) is in the toilet and Social Security won't exist by the time I'm eligible, I will need to work forever. And since I'll never retire, maybe I'll never truly get old.



And maybe I'll get that knee replacement soon!

No comments: