Saturday, August 2, 2008

My six word bio...or why I quit the corporate world

At a professional networking event a few months ago, we were asked to create and share a six-word biography for an ice-breaker activity. I was at the height of my stressful period, working 50-60 hours a week (and I should have been working more), taking care of the kids and the house, ignoring my husband, and falling, exhausted, into a fitful sleep each night. Here's what I came up with:

Work, kids, home, pulled like taffy.

That really summed it up for me. Not long after, I quit my job. Now, I'm taking a "pause" and looking for something that gives me more time with my family yet allows me to use my brain. Good luck, right? I guess I'll need another six-word bio soon.

What's your six-word bio? What six words would describe who you are, or where you are right now?

P.S. I can't take the credit for the six word bio; it belongs to SMITH magazine.

No comments: